How to Fix Fortnite Mobile crashes constantly on Android
Hello everybody! In this article, I’m going to show you what to do if Fortnite Mobile crashes constantly on your Android device. How to find out what caused this problem – and how to solve it. Before starting please check the minimum device specifications to play Fortnite on Android.
Minimum Device Specifications to Play Fortnite Android
- Fortnite is a high-fidelity game that is compatible with devices running 64-bit Android on an ARM64 processor, Android OS 8.0 or higher, minimum 4GB of RAM, and GPU: Adreno 530 or higher, Mali-G71 MP20, Mali-G72 MP12 or higher.
Fortnite Mobile Crashes Continuously
There are several reasons why Fortnite Mobile for Android keeps crashing or freezing or not performing at all. During this post, we'll troubleshoot this issue and present some tips and tricks that help you fix the Fortnite Android crashing problem.
Method 1. Update Fortnite Mobile
Fortnite will crash if it is not updated to the latest version. So updated to the latest version. To safely update or install Fortnite on android now that it's has been removed from Google Play Store. There are two methods one for Samsung Phone User and one for Other Brand Phones User.
Samsung Phone UserIf you have a Samsung phone, all you have to do is head to the galaxy store. Download the epic games launcher. The epic game's launcher is then gonna give you the ability to download Fortnite and some other game called battle breakers but you're probably gonna go for Fortnite at this moment.
This direct link inside of this article is going to work for you. If for whatever reason it doesn't show up in the search results. But that's step one if you have a Samsung phone this is straightforward and easy. Because you are still in some sort of a store right it's one of the advantages on the android side.
Other Brand Phones UserNow if you don't have a Samsung device. Yes, a lot of people you're gonna need to go to the APK (Android application package) route. But you do not have to head to your usual APK mirror type sites.
1. You can go to epic's official website so all you got to do on your smartphone or tablet is going to www.fortnite.com/android
2. And from that link, you'll download and install the epic game store APK. Which is similar to the thing that you're going to get on from the Samsung store. That you would download there and then you know it's from the official source. Then you know you're getting it from epic.
3. Now your device will still prompt you it'll say for your security your phone is not allowed to install from unknown apps from this source etc and that's going to scare some people.
4. But because you know where you got it from you're going to just click settings enable and install. Now in the end, after you're done you may want to disable installing from third-party sources.
The fact it's not hard to do and then you'll have your epic games and then you'll have your fortnight.
Method 2. Clear Data from Fortnite app on Android
After playing for some period of your time, the cache will compile, and you'll notice the app is running slow or freezing or crashing frequently. Once you delete the cache of Fortnite from the setting for Android, it will work normally.
- Open the App Settings on your device.
- Tap Apps & notifications.
- Tap on Fortnite.
- Tap storage then clears the cache.
- Clear Fortnite Android data:
- Clearing all the info in Fortnite can solve some problems.
- ATTENTION: all data saved during this game are going to be erased.
- Open the Applications Settings on your device.
- Tap Apps & notifications.
- Touch Fortnite. If you are doing not see it, first tap view all apps or info App.
- Touch storage, then erase the info.
Method 3. Minimum 4GB of RAM
Most electronic devices have something called RAM and it's short for random access memory. This basically means it's storage for running programs. Some devices have more RAM than others for example my PC has 16 gigabytes of RAM. But most phones only have about 4 gigabytes of RAM (Fortnite Mobile need a minimum of 4GB RAM). This basically means that if you're running apps that require lots of memory like fortnight you need enough RAM or your device will crash.
This is why most lower-end devices will crash while playing for tonight because there just isn't enough memory to run the game. But thankfully there are a few things you can do in the settings of for a night and on your phone to fix the game from crashing. And I'm about to go over those methods right now if your game is crashing because you don't have enough RAM.
Then you want to make sure all of your memory is going straight to Fortnight so the first thing you do when you play four at night is just to
1. Close out all of your background applications and that's going to make fortnight the priority and have all of the RAM going straight to a Fortnite.
2. The second tip is to go into your settings and make sure your quality is low and also turn your 3d resolution down to at least 70%.
3. The third tip is to restart your phone and I'll make it so your RAM gets refreshed so Fortnight will most likely stop crashing.
4. If you still experience crashes after this then you probably have a very low-end device and you might want to consider buying a new one if you have enough money to do.
Method 4. Free Up Space On Your Android Phone
Fortnite uses up a lot of space, and it's just gonna use up more as they keep updating it. So make sure you guys have a lot of space on your device.
It's not gonna run smoothly if you don't have a lot of storage. So make sure you guys delete stuff you don't need. I would specifically look at photos and videos because these take a lot of storage.
Method 5. Fortnite Android Internet Connection Issue
A weak and sluggish Internet connection can force Fortnite mobile for Android to crash or freeze. Fortnite Android works great when the web connection is robust and stable. So make sure you have a good internet connection.
Method 6. Reinstall Fortnite
If nothing works, Uninstall Fortnite and then reinstall it. It might help, I've seen a lot of people that said when they just redownload Fortnite, it ran a lot smoother. So I think this should help you guys out.
I hope that the methods I have shown today will help you fix Fortnite Mobile Crashes on Android and forget about it for good. If it ever appears again, you will know what to do. That’s all for now! I hope you find this article useful. Hit the subscribe button and subscribe to our blog. Leave comments to ask questions. Thank you for reading it. Good luck.
Thanks a lot. Good post...